Lavender White Hot Chocolate
I have a thing for using lavender in my food, much to the dismay of my boyfriend. Some people just don’t like Lavender but I love it! I used both lavender essential oil and dried lavender in this Lavender White Hot Chocolate. Lavender is a calming and relaxing herb, which is especially great this time of year.
It’s so important to manage our stress and I often talk about our thoughts and shifting our mindset. This is the biggest impact we can have on stress. When we can become aware of our thoughts and how we respond to different situations, we can begin to work on shifting them. With that being said, a nice hot mug of Lavender White Hot Chocolate can be added to a journalling session or some quiet time of introspection.
It’s important that we add these quiet times of rest and reflection into our daily lives. Otherwise we end up going through the day unconsciously, oblivious to how we’re truly feeling. For those that struggle with their relationship to food this is what will help you gain food freedom. Lack of control around food is not your issue. It’s the underlying thoughts that trigger you to use food to cope and push those uncomfortable emotions down.
I used homemade almond milk for this recipe, which is extra creamy compared to the store bought stuff. You can use the cartoon almond milk if you’d like but the homemade stuff gives this Lavender White Hot Chocolate another level of decadence and nourishment to it. If you’re pregnant or nursing it’s best to consult with your doctor, doula or midwife before consuming lavender.
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.richelleludwig.com/beverages/homemade-almond-milk/”]almond milk[/url]
- 1 inch chunk of raw cacao butter
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 scoop collagen powder
- Sweetener of choice (raw honey, stevia (liquid), coconut sugar, maple syrup)
- Pinch of dried lavender as a garnish
- Pour almond milk into a small pot and whisk in maca powder.
- Turn on medium-low heat and add raw cacao butter, essential oil, collagen powder and sweetener.
- Once cacao butter is melted and mixture is steaming pour into a small blender, like a magic bullet and blend for about 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into your favourite mug and sprinkle with dried lavender.