Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
I’ve been loving creating tasty hot drinks with my Vital Proteins Gelatin that I ordered off of amazon. This Peppermint White Hot Chocolate is one of my favourites and the boyfriend loves it too! I used raw cacao butter and when you blend it all up, once it’s melted, it gets super creamy with foam on top!
I’ve been slacking in the blogging department lately as I was focused on finishing up the Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) course. I passed my written and verbal finals and am so excited to start incorporating it into my practice. I’ve got some details to work out yet, but I will be updating my services page and adding some information on what FDN is. I am happy to be back to blogging regularly again though!
This Peppermint White Hot Chocolate is great as an afternoon pick me up, as I’ve added Maca powder. You may have heard me mention Maca before, but it’s an adaptogen that helps the body adapt to stress. It’s also said to help boost the libido! Personally I like to make one of my tasty hot beverages in the mornings to pair with my breakfast during the week.
Gelatin contains collagen, which is great for supporting the digestive system and helps improve the health of the intestinal lining. It’s also great for skin, hair and nails ladies! It’s an awesome alternative to protein powder, as it’s a wonderful source of easily digested protein. Obviously collagen supports bone and joint health as well. What’s not to love?! There are two types of collagen, one that dissolves in cold and hot water (collagen peptides) and another that gels (beef gelatin) and can be used to make jello. For this Peppermint White Hot Chocolate recipe you can use either one! I used the one that makes jello as it gives an extra boost for supporting the intestinal barrier.
- 1″ chunk of [url href=”http://www.amazon.ca/SunFood-Cacao-Butter-Organic/dp/B00394MMQ4/ref=pd_sim_325_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41DPfu8PB%2BL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR126%2C160_&refRID=1XJ03QFFJTSXV3NNA0NY” target=”_blank”]raw cacao butter[/url]
- 1 tsp [url href=”http://www.amazon.ca/Navitas-Naturals-Organic-Gelatinized-Powder/dp/B00PVC50J8/ref=sr_1_7?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1450016499&sr=1-7&keywords=maca+powder” target=”_blank”]maca powder[/url]
- 1 tbsp [url href=”http://www.amazon.ca/Vital-Proteins-Collagen-Protein-Pasture-Raised/dp/B00K6JEON4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449984286&sr=8-2&keywords=vital+proteins” target=”_blank”]Vital Proteins beef gelatin (green lid)[/url]
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c almond milk
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- Whisk the maca powder, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, salt and stevia into the almond milk in a small pot.
- Turn on medium low heat and add chunk of raw cacao butter.
- Once it’s heated up and cacao butter has melted, pour into a magic bullet.
- Add gelatin and blend up until combined well and creamy.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!