Chocolate Raspberry Balls
Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner I whipped up a Chocolate Raspberry Ball recipe. If I’m being real though, I’d make these bad boys anytime because chocolate is good all year round. 😉 I used my favourite dark chocolate to coat the raspberry filling, which allows these to stand up to room temperature.
Alter Ego chocolate makes all sorts of delicious flavours especially the sea salt chocolate. For this recipe I used their Blackout dark chocolate, which is 85%. The filling contains raw honey and medjool dates for sweetness as well as raspberries, raw cashews and quick cooking oats.
The filling needs to be frozen for 10 minutes or so before dipping into the melted chocolate. Once you do that the chocolate forms a shell over the raspberry filling. I used toothpicks to roll the filling in the melted chocolate
This recipe makes a dozen but can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how much of a crowd you’re feeding. Or if you just want more for yourself. 😉 These Chocolate Raspberry Balls last well in the fridge for about a week or longer in the freezer. I had a bit leftover melted chocolate so I just coated some pitted medjool dates to use up the rest of it.
I topped mine with shredded coconut but you could use hemp seeds, sesame seeds, dried raspberry pieces, candied ginger, even matcha! Whatever your heart desires!
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- [url href=”https://www.amazon.ca/Alter-Eco-Chocolate-Blackout-12×2-82OZ/dp/B009ZJ08C2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486828979&sr=8-1&keywords=alter+eco+chocolate” target=”_blank”]1 bar dark chocolate[/url]
- Add cashews and oats to a food processor and turn on high until mixture resembles flour.
- Add raspberries, raw honey and dates and turn back on to process until smooth.
- Roll mixture into 12 balls, wetting hands to prevent sticking.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Set up a double boiler or use a small pot and fill with water then place a glass bowl on top so it touches the water. Turn on medium-high.
- Chop up the chocolate and place it in the glass bowl to melt.
- Once melted take the raspberry filling out of the freezer and dip each ball into the chocolate to coat in chocolate.
- Place each ball back on the parchment paper and sprinkle shredded coconut on top. Once all balls are coated put back in the freezer to harden chocolate for about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge or freezer.