Lemon Ginger Date Bars
I’m bad for not packing enough in my lunches and then having to buy snacks during the day when I’m at work as I get hungry! So I decided to make some quick snacks this weekend that I can pack in lunches including these homemade copycat Larabar’s. Who doesn’t like Larabars?! I used some different ingredients in mine and came up with these Lemon Ginger Date Bars.
You can double the amount of lemon zest and grated ginger to make the flavours stronger but if you’re someone who doesn’t like ginger all that much, the amount I have listed in the recipe below is just perfect. Boyfriend approved too, as Nelson loved them! 😉
If you don’t have fresh ginger you could also substitute for dried ginger. I’d start with 1/4 teaspoon as I find dried ginger more potent!
These are seriously so easy to make as all you have to do is throw everything in a food processor, whirl, press into a pan, chill and cut into bars. Boom!
I added hemp seeds for protein and healthy fats as well as coconut flour for more sticking power and some added fiber.
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 inch knob of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined well.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and press date mixture into pan evenly.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes. Remove form freezer and pull bars out of pan by grabbing corners of parchment paper. Cut into 8 bars.
- Store in sealed container in the fridge.